Support and FAQs

How do I determine the best solution for my event?
A: Partnering with us is an important first step. We spend time learning about your event and how you would like to stay in communcation. Then we use this knowledge to recommend specific equipment. It is a simple as connecting with us on our Live Chat system, spending a few minutes on the phone, or sending us a email describing your application and results desired.
Once I place my on-line rental quote request, what happens next?
A:Once we receive your on-line quote request we will follow up within 24 hours. A Rental Proposal for the equipment you requested will be e-mailed. If you requested to be contacted by phone, we will return your call ASAP.
Once I submit my signed proposal, what happens next?

A: Once your online proposal/contract is submitted, we will place your event on calendar and reserve your equipment.  Prior to shipment, we will inspect and charge all equipment.

Can I keep my rental equipment longer?

A: We request that you contact us before the end of your rental period to extend your rental. We will continue to bill you up until the day the equipment is return shipped with FedEx/UPS . We use the UPS/FedEx pick-up scan as the determination for the new contract end date. Please be advised that extensions are subject to the rental agreement contract.

Is an FCC license required to operate Two-Way radios?
A: Yes. All business frequencies require an FCC license. We provide our customers with our own programmed valid FCC licensed frequencies. We can also pre-program our radios to your own frequencies in the event that we are supplying additional radios to your current inventory.
How should I charge my portable radio?
A: All portables require a battery to supply power to the unit. If the batteries are charged correctly, the units will provide a longer period of operation. Plus the life of the battery will be increased. It is always best to turn off the radio prior to charging and, when possible, drain the battery prior to charge. Never transmit when the portable is in the charger. Charging the battery using supplied 6- way Bank Charger 1-2 hours should provide from 90-100% battery charge.

NOTE: We provide Fully Charged batteries for each radio in Addition to 50% additional Fully Charged backup batteries.

What radio brand do you have?

A: We feature HYT brand two-way analog, digital and cellular LTE commercial quality radios.

How much do commercial/professional portable radios cost?
A: The cost of our portables range from $225 – $900 depending on such variables as: Quality, Durability, Battery Type, Frequency, and Features. This capital outlay is one of the single largest benefits of rental.
What is the range of portable radios and what is the difference between UHF and VHF?

A: Coverage is reliant on power, antenna height and terrain. On-site portable radios will typically cover from 1-2 miles in radius and have better coverage around objects (UHF), while wide-area radios can offer coverage up to a 30-mile radius from the repeater site but are more susceptible to line of sight issues (VHF). 

Due to the characteristics of radio waves, UHF radios generally offer better building penetration and therefore are ideally suited for indoors as well as for areas of high building density (cities). VHF radios are better suited for more rural areas where there is vegetation, where the signal can pass through non-dense objects. Where the application requires a combination of indoor and outdoor use, a UHF radio is preferable.

Your rental consultant will know by your specific application which radio will best fit your needs.

What is a Repeater?

A: A repeater is installed in a fixed location (indoors) with the intent of coverage enhancement. Multi-story buildings are covered more thoroughly and dead spots are removed. The buildings construction, number of floors and the presence of steel and concrete determine range.

What are the benefits of a two-way radio versus a cell phone?

A: Cost and Dispatch Capabilities. Push a button and be connected to one or one hundred individuals. Two-way radios are easy to use with a push-to-talk (PTT) feature, which enables the user to communicate instantly with anyone within operating distance. Two-way radios are designed to be utilized in extreme conditions and offer rugged features. Flat monthly fee with no per minute airtime cost, unlike cellular phones. Low monthly costs, which include unlimited talk-times.

We also rent Hytera PD 502 with Push-to-Talk (PTT) which is a two-way radio including Nationwide Extended Range. Some of the benefits or renting Hytera: The HYT PD-502 offers numerous benefits for users in various industries. Its 32 channels and excellent range ensure efficient and uninterrupted communication, while the IP54 rating makes it durable in challenging environments. The dual mode capability allows users to adapt to their communication needs, and features like encryption, noise reduction, and long battery life make it a reliable choice for businesses and organizations seeking dependable two-way communication solutions.

Where do I go for any questions related to my order or general support?
You can contact us via Contact US form, email [email protected], or call us at (800) 750-6023